- Stay Way From A Kid BoyfriendPosted 562 days ago
- Pleasing Your Girlfriend Isn’t SimplePosted 566 days ago
- The Masala Bhangra WorkoutPosted 567 days ago
- As Kim Takes Off Her Ring: Kim Kardashian DivorcePosted 567 days ago
- Love Chemistry And Those Little Reactions Book GiveawayPosted 570 days ago
- The Delhi Bloggers Meet Organised By Cupid SpeaksPosted 575 days ago
- The Entrepreneurship KeedaPosted 579 days ago
- The Suicide Banker Free Copies ContestPosted 581 days ago
- The King Of Controversies Is BACK: Bigg Boss 5Posted 586 days ago
- Wish Amitabh Bachchan Happy BirthdayPosted 588 days ago
Badhai.in: India’s First Social Gifting Service
1. Tell us about your venture
Ans: Badhai.in (www.badhai.in) is India’s first social gifting service. Users can come to Badhai.in
and gift their loved ones. Recipient can use this gift voucher to shop at leading stores. We have
partnered with leading Retail stores and online brands like Croma, Pantaloon, Lifestyle, Flipkart etc,
where recipient can shop giving them choice to select what gift they want.
Badhai.in is socially enabled and integrated with Facebook. This makes tracking of events really
easy and gifting can be done with a breeze. Also user can create a gift pool and everyone contribute
online to gift a person and recipient end up getting a bigger/better gift.
2. Where are you based?
Ans: We are based out of Mumbai and serving pan India through our affiliate network.
3. When was the venture started and how are the initial days of it?
Ans: Badhai.in started in August 2011. The company is still at infancy. We are experiencing good
traction from the market and getting nice reviews from users as well as media.
4. What triggered you to start this venture?
Ans: In India, gifting goes with tradition. But there were certain problems, when it comes to gifting
which Badhai.in trying to solve
1) Gift sender must not be worried about the choice. Choice should be with the recipient.
2) Gift should be sent in quick steps rather than wasting hours in finding a gift, which might not
fit into recipient scheme of things
3) Gifting across geographies should be instantaneous, without hassle
4) Partial contribution for a gift should be acknowledged.
5) Pooling for a gift or group gift
Also integrating it with Facebook allows us to track gifting occasions closely.
5. Tell us more about your idea and your vision.
Ans: Badhai.in allows sender to gift a Badhai voucher over Email and SMS to recipient.
Recipient can then choose to shop with leading retail brands, Badhai.in has tied up with. This
gives sender a convenience while sending a gift, because you can send a gift with Badhai.in
in less than 2 minutes. And recipient can choose a brand or multiple brands to spend the
gift amount. We are trying to make this entire experience seamless by making it instant and
paperless. So in future, while on the go if you like to shop at Croma, you can generate a
voucher and shop.
6. Tell us a bit more about yourself and your team.
Ans; I’m graduate from IIT Kanpur and this is my second venture. Other team members also
are Graduate from IIT K and IIM Calcutta.
7. Tell us more on why you chose this name for the portal?
Ans: We were always looking for something which connotes the celebration. Badhai is the
name which we use in day to day world while celebrating or congratulating. Also the recall
value for Badhai is very high.
8. What do you feel about the power of youth and social media in the industry?
Ans: Social media is growing well in India. With so many network and accessibility through
Web as well as mobile, we see a growing market. Though converting social media fans to
business is still a challenge worldwide for brands.
9. What are Sector specific challenges that you face.
Ans: The sector is still at a nascent stage and will take couple of years to pick up. As of now
it is challenging to bring audience online for gifting.
10. How are you different from your competitors?
Ans: We are not voucher reseller and that makes a huge difference in terms of offerings and
core business potential.
11. What would you like to say to budding entrepreneurs
Ans: Do not give up easily while following your dreams.
12: Are you using the power of Social Media to reach out to a wider audience?
Ans: yes are using Facebook, Twitter and Blogs to reach bigger audience
13. How do you connect with the people?
Ans: We are using PR and social media to increase our brand presence. Badhai.in is getting
recognised as brand in the market. In our next step we will push more steam on these initiatives and
put some money in Google advertising.
14. What kind of brands have you roped in with you?
Ans: We have leading retailers like Croma, Lifestyle Pantaloons, Big Bazaar as well as online ones
like Flipkart, Yebhi, Inkfruit,Travel guru and many more.
15. How do you ensure that your website reaches the correct Audience?
Ans: Our audience is urban and semi urban middle class who uses internet, comfortable in online
shopping and constraint with time/resources. We are mostly relying on internet to spread our brand
because our target audience is net savvy.
16. Facebook Ads or Google adwords. What do you prefer more?
Ans: We are focussing on both. Facebook is more useful in terms of brand visibility, while Google is
good for conversion.
17. Is Social Media the king?
Ans: Yes it is. The medium is quick, cost effective and interactive. With more and more people
joining networks and coming online, social media is going to rule the next century.