- Stay Way From A Kid BoyfriendPosted 565 days ago
- Pleasing Your Girlfriend Isn’t SimplePosted 569 days ago
- The Masala Bhangra WorkoutPosted 570 days ago
- As Kim Takes Off Her Ring: Kim Kardashian DivorcePosted 570 days ago
- Love Chemistry And Those Little Reactions Book GiveawayPosted 573 days ago
- The Delhi Bloggers Meet Organised By Cupid SpeaksPosted 578 days ago
- The Entrepreneurship KeedaPosted 582 days ago
- The Suicide Banker Free Copies ContestPosted 584 days ago
- The King Of Controversies Is BACK: Bigg Boss 5Posted 589 days ago
- Wish Amitabh Bachchan Happy BirthdayPosted 591 days ago
Spammer Back In Action On Facebook
Spammers are back in action again! And this time they claim that Facebook is adding a ‘dislike’ button to the user’s page. Though it is only to fool a whole lot of people on Facebook but it still made the Facebook fan page by the name “Dislike button” garner about 3 million fans.
Monday, yes, it’s when the online security firm Sophos rang the alarm. It was about a post that was warning the users about a scam that asks people to enable a new feature on Facebook- THE DISLIKE BUTTON.
Looking ingeniously like a legitimate Facebook add-on, the enable ‘dislike’ button is supposed to appear where the ‘share’ button used to be. Once activated, its link will appear on yours as well as your friend’s wall and looks very much like any Facebook official post, which it is not. This button is nothing but a fraud. It is a fast spreading scam, and has the utmost capability to install malware on your computer.
If you or anyone you know does receive this message, you can either hide it or mark it as a spam. Though marking it as a spam is a better option as it can perhaps, help Facebook improve its security against such spams in the near future. But according to Sophos, Facebook’s new security tool likely limited the scam’s effect.