- Stay Way From A Kid BoyfriendPosted 565 days ago
- Pleasing Your Girlfriend Isn’t SimplePosted 569 days ago
- The Masala Bhangra WorkoutPosted 570 days ago
- As Kim Takes Off Her Ring: Kim Kardashian DivorcePosted 570 days ago
- Love Chemistry And Those Little Reactions Book GiveawayPosted 573 days ago
- The Delhi Bloggers Meet Organised By Cupid SpeaksPosted 578 days ago
- The Entrepreneurship KeedaPosted 582 days ago
- The Suicide Banker Free Copies ContestPosted 584 days ago
- The King Of Controversies Is BACK: Bigg Boss 5Posted 589 days ago
- Wish Amitabh Bachchan Happy BirthdayPosted 591 days ago
WSMeducation.in- Education Start up To Watch out for!
1. Tell us about your venture
There are very few online education portals today where students can up-skill
themselves and get the know-how about these professional & industry – specific
certification courses. At, our aim is to become that portal where
students from any part of the world can simply login and pursue their course of liking to
add these skills to their CVs.
We are bringing together trainers who are working and have experience of working in
the online marketing industry with companies like Yahoo!, ESPNStar, Snapdeal.com,
Educomp Solutions and aspirants who wish to join in. Do check out the courses at
2. Where are you based?
We are based out of New Delhi. But, the nature of the online education portal allows
us to serve students from all across the country. All they have to do to register is simply
enroll through filling up a form, pay the fee and login to start studying.
3. When was the venture started and how are the initial days of it?
We started six months back and the initial days were all about development. We
wanted to ensure that the site is 100% ready for the students and that the courses
content is up-to-the-minute. We keep updating the courses every now and then.
Besides the site development, the initial days have been about team-building and
setting up the various small but relevant processes that have enabled this venture to
4. What triggered you to start this venture?
There aren’t many platforms available online that are credible when it comes to
providing online education through short-term programs in social media marketing
and digital marketing. The model is based on online learning by the student that is
accompanied by downloadable video sessions by industry stalwarts, which is a USP for
5. Tell us more about your idea and your vision.
The best lecturers in the world are delivering quality education online. There is no
reason why anyone should be deprived of a learning opportunity because they are not
able to make it to the classroom due to time or any other constraint. This is one major
reason why I decided to price the courses very low just so they aren’t too hard on the
pocket. The basic course in social media marketing is priced at Rs. 3,499/-.
6. Tell us a bit more about yourself and your team
I am fortunate to be working with an absolutely brilliant core-team that comes from
pretty diverse backgrounds. There’s Natasha Puri, who has work experience in the
media and publishing industry. There are a few people who are working on online
marketing and promotions. And, there’s this creative genius named Guneet Narula, who
has immaculate experience in the online web development and management domain.
We’ve got the faculty from the industry who are working day in and day out to produce
excellent students through un-matched course content.
7. What is the market size you are trying to capture?
The target audience for WSMeducation.in is between 18-30 years of age that comprises
students as well as working professionals looking to add new media marketing know-
how to their skill-sets.
The online education industry in India is expected to grow at a rate of 30-35% and the
possibilities are endless. The market is huge and even if tomorrow there are 20 players,
there’ll be enough for everyone to survive and prosper.
8. What do you feel about the power of youth and social media in the industry?
It is unquestionably the next big thing to watch out for. It’s remarkable how quickly an
event starts trending on twitter, how the youth is not afraid to express their opinion. It
is the youth that truly knows how to make the most of the freedom of speech and social
media acts as the perfect medium.
9. What are Sector specific challenges that you face.
The biggest challenge was to introduce the online-learning mechanism to students and
ensure they do not become disillusioned over a period of time. We have been able to
overcome this by introducing the downloadable video interactive sessions and providing
unlimited telephonic doubt-clearing support to students. Each chapter page on the
site also has a discussion forum at the bottom where students can interact with other
learners and the course mentors.
10. How are you different from your competitors?
There is absolutely no other competitor offering industry interactions (online) to go with
the online course moderation. We also visit management colleges across the country
to conduct sessions on Social Media Marketing and the career prospects in the industry
and offer bulk registrations to the institutions.
In the future, we plan to stay ahead of all the rest through regularly updated courses.
Also, we want our customer service to be un-matched.
11. What would you like to say to budding entrepreneurs
The most important aspect of launching your own venture is to be sure of the industry
you are targeting. You will survive and thrive only if you know the industry inside-out.
Also, the biggest challenge, that quite possibly will always remain is putting together a
strong team of individuals who are willing to sacrifice and put in as much effort as you.
12. Are you using the power of Social Media to reach out to a wider audience?
Absolutely. As a website offering online courses, it would be a cardinal sin to ignore
social media. The initial registrations that we relieved were through our Facebook page.
Our twitter handle is also very active @wsmtweets.
13. How do you connect with the people?
I am easily approachable on LinkedIn. Also, you can get in touch with me on
14. Do you think that online education is going to make a big impact on the education
Classroom learning is no longer restricted to the classroom. You have Harvard and MIT
joining hands to launch ‘EdX’, ventures like skillkindle.com that is a favourite. There are
also portals offering online MBAs. With new jobs opening up in sectors like social media
marketing (approximately 12,000 new jobs in 2012 alone), there is reason for a student
to have the want to know more, to be special.
15. Are tablets going to replace books and classroom studies totally in the near future?
Yes, it is a certainty. But, I don’t see it happening in the near future.